United Airlines Adds More Transatlantic Service for Summer 2023by Daniel McCarthy /
United Airlines on Wednesday unveiled its 2023 summer schedule, with more flights to more European cities, demonstrating the continued demand for international travel coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Starting in March 2023, United will add the following flights to its service schedule:
- New York/Newark to Malaga, Spain – will start on May 31, the fifth Spanish destination for United and the third Spanish city that only United, and no other U.S. airline, serves along with Tenerife and Palma de Mallorca.
- New York/Newark to Dubai - will start on March 25 and will connect the two cities daily. From Dubai, United will offer connections through its codeshare with flydubai to more than 100 different cities.
- New York/Newark to Stockholm, Sweden – will start on May 27, marking the first United flight to Stockholm since 2019. United will fly the service daily.
- Chicago O’Hare to Shannon, Ireland – will begin May 25 as a daily flight from O’Hare.
- Washington Dulles to Berlin, Germany – will begin on May 25. United will be the only carrier offering non-stop flights between the two cities.
- Chicago O’Hare to Barcelona – will start on May 25. United will fly the route daily, building on existing service to Barcelona from New York/Newark and Washington Dulles.
In addition, United is adding more flights to London and Paris, including a second daily flight between Los Angeles and London Heathrow, which will start on March 25, and a second daily flight between Washington Dulles and Paris Charles de Gaulle, which will begin on June 2.
According to United, interest in travel to Europe for summer 2023 is up 20% compared to 2019.
"Next summer United is offering the best of both worlds: we're making it easier for our customers to visit the most popular cities in Europe, but we're also expanding our reach to give travelers access to new places they haven't yet experienced," said Patrick Quayle, senior vice president of global network planning and alliances at United.
"We expect another busy summer for international travel and are proud to build on our industry-leading global network to offer our customers the widest range of destinations and most convenient travel options."