MGM Resorts International announced on Wednesday that, because of an increase in demand for travel to Las Vegas, it will again be operating 24/7 hotel operations at three of its Las Vegas resorts starting on March 3.
Starting on March 3, Mandalay Bay, Park MGM, and The Mirage will all be operating 24/7. All three resorts had been operating with an abbreviated schedule, with some mid-week closures because of the lack of volume due to COVID-19.
“As we begin to see positive signs around the public’s sentiment about traveling, coupled with important progress on the vaccination front and decreasing COVID-19 case numbers, bringing Mandalay Bay, Park MGM and The Mirage back to full-week operations is an important step for us,” said MGM CEO and president Bill Hornbuckle.
“We remain optimistic about Las Vegas’ recovery and our ability to bring employees back to work as business volumes allow us to do so.”
MGM is also restarting some of its live entertainment shows later this month and into early March. That includes Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club at MGM Grand and Thunder from Down Under at the Excalibur (both already back open), along with Fantasy at the Luxor (will open starting on Feb. 19), Carrot Top at the Luxor (also reopening on Feb. 19), and Terry Fator at MGM Grand (restarting Feb. 19).
Other entertainment options, like David Copperfield at MGM Grand, will be “returning soon,” MGM said.