Delta will introduce a new Fare Basis Code structure designed to make its suite of branded products easier to sell, and will provide expanded corporate incentive options.
The new codes will apply in selected U.S. and Canadian markets beginning later this month.
The new fare basis codes will have a unique 7th character product identifier that will differentiate Delta’s branded products.
Delta said the benefits of the new structure will include:
- Improved product identification as the carrier offers more products in more markets.
- Elimination of a static ticket designator for First Class F-Upsell and Basic Economy fares.
- The ability to apply corporate ticket designators to First Class F-Upsell and Basic Economy fares, which offers a new corporate incentive opportunity for these fare products.
- New Corporate Priority and recognition benefits for First Class F-Upsell and Basic Economy fares.
- An improved travel agency shopping experience.
The new Fare Basis Code structure and product benefits are made possible through new fare filing functionality from ATPCO.
Delta plans to expand the new structure to international markets in the future.