Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has extended its voluntarily suspension of sailings for all of its brands—NCL, Regent, and Oceania—through May 10 as part of the global efforts to help contain the spread of COVID-19.
Norwegian had previously announced that it was suspending sailings for its brands between March 13 and April 11.
“With COVID-19 continuing to have a significant impact on communities throughout the world, we are extending our temporary suspension of cruise voyages across our three brands through May 10th,” Frank Del Rio, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd, said in a statement announcing the extension.
“While we understand this disruption may inconvenience our loyal guests and valued travel partners, we are committed first and foremost to protecting the safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit. We appreciate their continued understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times and do our part to help global efforts to contain this pandemic.”
Norwegian is asking anyone with bookings on sailing impacted by the extension to contact their travel agent or the cruise line for more information.
On its website, Norwegian said those guests will automatically receive a 125% or 150% future cruise credit than can be applied to any voyage through April 1, 2020. Norwegian is also offering a 20% discount on any bookings made by April 14, 2020, for sailings through December 2020, with that future cruise credit.
Any guests not using the future cruise credit can request a refund for their sailing.