Delta is making it easier than ever for fliers to upgrade to premium cabins.
Spirits Airlines will fly from Chicago O’Hare and Baltimore/Washington International to Cancun starting this fall.
The budget airline already serves Cancun from Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale and Houston, but will increase its service to the city to six daily flights with the new additions.
Spirit vice president of network planning Mark Kopczak said the decision was made because Cancun is “one of the most requested destinations in our network.”
The flights, which will kick off November 9, are now open for booking.
Homeland Security says it may extend the ban to incoming, but not departing, flights.
The news comes just as London recovers from a terrorist attack on March 22 that killed six people and injured 50 near the Houses of Parliament.
In an overview of major trends shaping the travel industry in 2017, Travel Leaders exec Michael Boult puts the embattled state of the airlines front and center.
Universal Orlando's latest on-site hotel is now open for booking.
Agents could be put in the uncomfortable position of having to explain a product that’s at odds with what most consumers expect from a traditional airline.
With the grand opening of Volcano Bay water park just eight days away, Universal today announced new features for the TapuTapu wearable.
Walt Disney’s guided travel division also will revamp other popular itineraries.
CheapOair.com this week released a summary of travel trends from 2013 through 2017. Among the findings (based on booked trips, not number of passengers):
- The least number of travelers choose to depart on Sunday and Monday, making those the best days to fly.
- Thursday is the most crowded departure day.
- Domestic travel has increased by nearly 50% since 2013. The most significant jump came between 2016 and 2017, with an increase of 15%.
- Domestic ticket prices in 2017 were slighter higher than in 2016, but still lower than the average airfare since 2013.
- International airfare is at its lowest since 2013; 2017 average prices were 17% lower than in 2013.
- International travel has increased by nearly 170% since 2013. The most significant jump came between 2016 and 2017, with an increase of nearly 30%.
- The total number of passengers has increased by 85% since 2013.
- Average trip duration has increased from 10 days in 2013 to 13.61 days in 2017.