Avalon Waterways on Tuesday unveiled the lineup for its new, celebrity-hosted Storyteller Series of sailings and it includes a number of big-name authors and musicians.
The series, which will kick off this year and run into 2022, will give guests the chance to spend a week on board an Avalon ship, sailing European waters, with some of their favorite storytellers.
Each sailing is limited to just 160 guests and will include booking signings, concerts, Q&A sessions, and “off-the-cuff opportunities” to interact with the celebrity host.
“Our new, exclusive Storyteller Series invites travelers to enhance the storytelling tapestry of their lives by embarking on incredible, ‘once upon a river’ vacations,” said Pam Hoffee, managing director of Avalon Waterways.
“Through this special series of sailings, Avalon guests get to spend a week in Europe with their favorite storytellers. They’re invited to meet legends in legendary landscapes.”
Here are the confirmed names for the series:
- Diana Gabaldon, author of the Outlander series of novels, will host a weeklong Romantic Rhine cruise departing Oct. 30, 2021.
- Candace Bushnell, author of the Sex in the City anthology, will host a sailing from Paris to Le Havre on the Seine River departing July 19, 2022.
- Cheryl Strayed, author of the novel Wild, will host guests for a Danube sailing from Budapest to Deggendorf departing on July 22, 2022.
- Gillian Flynn, author of Gone Girl, Dark Places, and Sharp Objects, will host guests on a sailing on the Danube from Budapest to Prague departing on Sept. 14, 2022.
- Christopher Moore, the comic book author of series including The Pine Cove Books and Vampires in San Francisco, will host guests on a Rhine sailing from Basel to Amsterdam departing Sept. 20, 2022.
- Edwin McCain, singer-songwriter of hits including “I’ll Be” and “I Could Not Ask for More,” will host guests on a Rhine sailing departing on May 3, 2022.