An easy sell for travel advisors is just the beginning of why this tried-and-true way of travel remains as popular as ever.
Industry leader calls for action to protect the economic activity in the tourism sector that delivers not only tax revenues, but jobs, earnings, sense of purpose, productivity and participation.
As we enter the final quarter of 2018, Travel Market Report asked our readers what they predict the future will bring and what they are doing to prepare for 2019.
Contiki named James Marchant as its new Global CEO. Marchant joins Contiki from Second Estates, where he was a marketing, loyalty and strategy consultant for the luxury holiday rental investment company, and from the board of Black Tomato, the award-winning luxury travel agent company that he helped to conceive and develop in 2005.
James will be based at Contiki’s head office in Geneva and responsible for the social travel company’s global network of teams across Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia, as well as developing and growing Contiki’s worldwide offering of 300+ epic #NoRegrets trips.
It’s about the fact that we have combined forces, on your behalf, to help you with things to fight against the OTAs that threaten your success, the success that we made our destination.
Scott Wiseman, Travel Impressions
Tips for Traveling During Thanksgiving
1. Be Ready when heading through security
2. Use the AskTSA
3. Pack Smart
4. Be conscious on your way out of security
5. Enroll in TSA PreCheck
Virtual Corporate Travel Agents needed
agent24, Inc. is a 24x7 after-hours travel service provider. We currently have openings for Sabre, Apollo, Worldspan or Amadeus trained corporate travel reps to join our successful remote agent workforce. Agents will handle incoming calls from agency clients looking to book all travel components (air, car, hotel, and rail) in accordance with agency policy to best meet customer's travel objectives. Candidate must be a self-starter with a professional demeanor.
Benefits include: generous shift differential pay, bonus, PTO, IATAN card, medical, dental, life, HSA, FSA, STD, LTD, 401k, employee discount plans.
- Three years minimum experience required working in a corporate travel environment
- Must be efficient on any of the four GDS’s.
- Must have working knowledge of MS office products
- Agents will be required to work late afternoons, evening, weekends and Holidays (days off are midweek)
- Candidates must have high speed Internet access and a quiet work area in their home
- Ability to offer superior client service to a diverse clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.