“When COVID hit, there was an opportunity to respond or react. We really feel that we responded not just react. We were able to do things, create the change, and really respond to what was happening.”
1. Latent demand for travel.
2. Travelers want to travel but feel restrained.
3. The working-from-anywhere trend could blur the lines between leisure and business travel.
4. Non-price factors have become more important to customers.
5. Rather than trusting sentiment data, other leading indicators can help pinpoint recovery.
Source: Travel Market Report
Travel advisors are choosing these properties first and foremost for their social distancing protocols.