African Travel, Inc. introduced its 2017 Safari Academy webinar series for travel agents.
The nine webinars allow agents to “to familiarize themselves with product updates while learning best practices and selling tips from some of the industry’s most knowledgeable professionals,” said Sherwin Banda, president of African Travel, Inc. It includes tips on how to sell the destination to clients, conservation initiatives and personal experiences from Safari Specialists.
The Safari Academy dates and registration are as follows:
• Webinar 1: Selling Africa made easy with African Travel, Inc., Feb. 23
• Webinar 2: Family Safari, March 16
• Webinar 3: Adventure, April 13
• Webinar 4: Extraordinary Experiences, May 16
• Webinar 5: Primates, June 15
• Webinar 6: Off the Beaten Path, July 20
• Webinar 7: People, Culture and Communities, Aug. 17
• Webinar 8: New 2018 Brochure, Sept. 14
• Webinar 9: Protecting Africa, Oct. 12
African Travel will give away four South Africa educational land packages for two. Agents will qualify for a drawing to win by actively participating in any six of the nine webinars. One point will be given for each completed webinar attended, either live or recorded; one point for each completed questionnaire received after the webinar; and five points for each new booking of five nights or more with African Travel, Inc. Points will then be entered into a randomized drawing. Four winners will be announced no later than Oct. 27, 2017 via Facebook Live on the African Travel, Inc.'s Facebook page.
A common scam involves a call from what is apparently the hotel front desk asking for your credit card number confirmation. When the number they claim to have is confirmed wrong, they request the correct number.
The World’s Top Five Airports
1. Changi Airport, Singapore
2. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
3. Zurich Airport, Switzerland
4. Hamad International Airport, Doha
5. Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
|Earn Free Night Stays With Club Med|
Club Med Expert Agents will also be entered to win a four-night stay at any North American Club Med resort.
|Go On Exclusive Fams With The Caymankind Specialist Program|
Along with other graduate benefits.
|Become A U By Uniworld River Cruise Specialist|
The training program is accredited by CLIA and offers benefits upon completion.
|Tourism Authority Of Thailand Specialist Program|
Thai the Knot Sales Companion gives agents access to a sales toolbox with a variety of collateral materials to help agents sell Thailand to clients.
|Join Marriott's Hotel Excellence! Training Program|
Benefits include deeply discounted rates at hotels worldwide.
|Tourism New Zealand Expands Specialist Program|
Travel agents will now earn bronze, silver or gold status.