Virgin Voyages is expanding its Florida-based sales support team by 150%, as well as the number of field sales managers by 55%. The line has also hired a dedicated sales manager based in Canada.
“In just one year, Virgin Voyages has launched two ships and built an incredible brand that offers an unparalleled experience that First Mates and their clients can get excited about,” said John Diorio, vice president of North American sales. “Growing our sales presence into new North American markets is the next natural step, and I’m eager to see our Sales Crew thrive in these elevated roles and engage with new and existing First Mates.”
Based at the brand’s headquarters in Plantation, Florida, the newly expanded sales support team is dedicated to helping the line’s First Mates (Virgin’s term for travel advisors) with things like securing commissions (16% with no NCFs), registering advisors for the line’s educational Seacademy platform, signing up for FirstMates.com, and setting up Circles (aka groups).
As relates to the field sales team, Virgin is doubling its team in South Florida and adding representatives in the Carolinas and Tennessee (to be based in Charlotte) and in eastern Pennsylvania, norther New Jersey and Ohio (to be based in Newark or Philadelphia).
To help lead the expanding teams, Virgin has promoted several sales team leaders to elevated roles.
- Atlanta-based Kristy Giragosian has been promoted to senior manager of national accounts;
- Los Angeles-based Lindsey Wagner has been promoted to senior sales manager covering the central and western U.S.;
- Washington, D.C.-based Rosalynn Domdom has been promoted to senior sales manager for the eastern U.S.;
- Miami-based Julia Glick has been promoted to senior sales manager for the southern U.S.
- Sabrina Newman has been promoted to manager of trade engagement.