You know travel agents have arrived when a consumer booking site suggests there are “Seven Times It’s Worth Using A Travel Agent."
The article, posted in September, notes that “many sites, like Oyster.com, allow customers to search honest hotel reviews and book on the spot, making the process even easier. That being said, there is one important trait that travel agents offer—a personalized experience, or what Sandy Lovick, owner of travel agency Travel Leaders, refers to as having your back for those ‘little bumps in the road.’ "
Here are the top seven scenarios even Oyster agree call for the expertise of a professional, human travel agent:
1. When you’re booking during holiday peak travel times.
2. When you are booking a group trip.
3. When you are booking an international trip.
4. When you are booking a cruise.
5. When you are booking a honeymoon or destination wedding.
6. When you are booking a special-interest trip.
7. When you are booking a trip to Disney World. “The most magical place on earth is also one of the best examples of when booking through a travel agent really pays off,” the article says.
And we agree, that about covers it.