The National Association of Career Travel Agents (NACTA) celebrated its 30th anniversary last week at a unique dual-venue national conference at the Westin Fort Lauderdale and on the Celebrity Cruises Infinity.
The conference included various video tributes, showcasing networking and educational FAM opportunities that NACTA provided throughout the years.
“Our community of travel professionals has never been stronger,” said Ann Chamberlin, NACTA president and SVP of operations, American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA). “We owe our 30 years of success to the vast network of relationships built between suppliers and travel professionals. We look forward to building on the success of our Annual Conference and expanding our community of travel agents and suppliers.”
During a cocktail reception sponsored by Holland America Line and an awards dinner celebration sponsored by Visit Anchorage, NACTA announced the following 2016 award winners:
- River Cruise Line Partner of the Year: AMAWaterways
- Luxury Cruise Line Partner of the Year: Oceania Cruises
- Luxury Small-Ship Partner of the Year: Paul Gauguin Cruises
- Premium Cruise Line Partner of the Year: Celebrity Cruises
- Contemporary Cruise Line Partner of the Year: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
- Tour Partner of the Year: Pleasant Holidays
- Niche Partner of the Year: Fathom
- Destination Partner of the Year: Visit Anchorage
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- All-Inclusive Partner of the Year: Playa Resorts, Hyatt Ziva/Hyatt Zilara
- Supplier Liaison of the Year: Julie Dennis-Litinger, Celebrity Cruises
- Strategic Partner of the Year: Caitlan Etchevers, Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB
- Partner on the Rise: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Partner of the Year: Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau
- Chapter Excellence Award: Atlanta Chapter
- Regional Director of the Year: Senora Kelly
- David M. Thrower Award - Member of the Year: Jesse M. Mackey, Jr.
- Chapter Director of the Year: Dana Parish