Collette is rolling out a new travel advisor reward program that it says enables advisors "to be able to get out and explore the world in the same way that their travelers do."
Starting with reduced rates of 50%, advisors will receive bigger savings on land tours the more travelers they book within a single year – up to 100% if they book more than 40 travelers in a year. Advisors will also receive reduced rates for companions, starting at 25%.
"Our advisors are such a big part of what we do each and every day," said Jaclyn Leibl-Cote, president and chief customer experience officer at Collette. "We want to give them the opportunity to get out and explore the world, just like their travelers do. By offering this reward program, we not only allow them to do that, but also engage them to share the gift of travel with more travelers."
The earning period is based on one calendar year (January 1 to December 31) and resets at the start of each calendar year. Discounts earned are based on the following levels:
- 0 to eight traveled guests: 50% off land up to $2,000 / 25% off companion up to $1,000
- Nine to 19 traveled guests: 50% off land up to $2,500 / 25% off companion up to $1,500
- 20 to 39 traveled guests: 75% off land up to $3,000 / 25% off companion up to $2,000
- 40 to 49 traveled guests: 100% off land up to $3,500 / 50% off companion up to $2,500
- 50+ traveled guests: 100% land up to $5,000 / 50% off companion up to $2,500
- Air discount is 10% for both travel advisor and companion at all discount tier levels
To join the program, advisors must have an active IATA number. Those without an IATA should use the IATA number for the agency they work for or are affiliated with (ie, an IC affiliated with a host agency would use the host's IATA when booking).
Discounts are not combinable with any other promotions or discounts. The discount cannot be earned with group departures, where comps and/or commissions are earned and applied by the same travel advisor.
Eligible advisors may request a reduced rate for their personal travel on a retail booking at 150 days or less prior to departure. Advisors who qualify for a discount have the remainder of the sales year in which the discount was earned, plus an additional calendar year to redeem.
Some tours and departure dates may be blacked out like Antarctica, special events, or other products as deemed necessary by Collette.