Travel advisors calling Transat's call center to do something that could be done independently online now have to pay a $25 service fee for each call. Such functions include creating a new booking (not including deviations), applying a credit as payment, booking multiple rooms in different room categories on one file, adding seat selection, and many others.
According to the tour company, it has spent the past several months enhancing self-service functions "to support travel professionals both in the form of new technology and online forms that allow you to manage certain aspects of a booking without having to call the Contact Centre."
Additionally, the Transat sales team has created a comprehensive library of training materials including video tutorials and guides to help advisors get used to the new tools.
"To increase the use of these tools and to improve the service level of our Contact Centre, we will charge $25 per file when the contact center performs a task that could be done using a self-service tool," the company said in a letter sent to advisors on February 21.
A fee of $25 per paying traveler will also apply if the contact center creates a booking for an advisor that could have been booked using the reservation system.
Advisors that call the Contact Centre with an applicable task will be informed that the task they are requesting can be done using a self-service function. Should advisors choose to have the Contact Centre agent do the task, they will be charged accordingly.
These fees are not applicable on group files.
Other functions that will incur a fee are:
- Create a file on option (at least 21 days prior to departure)
- Confirm a file, add payment (by cheque or credit card) or add Bonbon to a file
- Make a name correction or add a 2nd / middle name at least 3 days prior to departure
- Date of birth correction for adults 18+ (at least 21 days prior to departure)
- Add, remove or modify Option Flex
- Add Option Plus (excluding Luxury Collection promo or pre-purchased seats)
- Add a non-guaranteed request for hotel and flight; certain requests can be applied directly on the file, for others the form is available
- Modify a flight reservation booked via fare options (Sirev Webfares)
- Cancel a file with terms and conditions (files without Option Flex)
- Cancel a file with flexibility (ie Option Flex or other promotional offer)