If travel agents and vendors want to win loyalty and repeat business from the most dedicated travelers, they need to build lasting relationships and understand the full traveler experience--from the first pangs of wanderlust to the journey’s final photo is liked on Instagram.
Skift, the popular online travel industry publication, recently published its ”Supertraveler Manifesto,” a 10,000-word deep dive into the minds and hearts of these travelers through a series of focus group interviews. According to Skift, here are the 10 top things “Supertravelers” are looking for.
1. Authenticity and trust in their sources for inspiration and advice on where to go and stay.
2. Search, planning and discovery is NOT the hassle before the experience, it IS the experience.
3. Real loyalty rewards, not gimmicks.
4. Fulfillment that comes from sharing experiences with others.
5. Avoiding the mundane, but also experiencing continuity.
6. Brands that genuinely care for their customers and their communities.
7. A guide through “the rough parts,” but also being allowed to chart their own course.
8. Not to be overloaded with technology.
9. Keeping the human element “in an otherwise commoditized and impersonal experience.”
10. Helping them return “feeling transformed and inspired.”