The Travel Institute this month launches its first-ever Leadership Learning Series, a five-part, free webinar program for emerging as well as experienced travel professionals, led by notable international experts.
Topics for the series include management skills and strategies like sales team performance, developing personal stamina and integrity, managing people, database management, and supplier negotiations. The series launches May 18.
“What really excites us about this new professional development series is the ‘TED-Talk’ level international speakers we’ve lined up to lead the webinars,” said chief operating officer Diane Petras. “We’ve brought together some of the best minds, from both inside and outside the travel industry, to serve as your very own business coach.”
Each webinar lasts 45 minutes to one hour, with time allotted for questions. Advanced registration is required due to limited space. Registration is available on the Travel Institute’s website at www.thetravelinstitute.com:
“This type of access is pretty rare in our business and normally comes with a ‘sticker-shock’ price tag,” said Petras. “This time we’re offering the training at no cost to showcase our extraordinary content, especially for those who haven’t participated in our programs for a while. We think they’ll be quite pleased with the superior quality and expanded course offerings.”
- Wednesday, May 18: “Is Your Sales Team in a Slump?” How to Ignite Performance and Build a Tighter Team, with Michael Hoffman, Professional Speaker/Trainer
- Tuesday, May 24: “From Grit to Great” Mold Yourself to be a Template for Those Who Work for You, with Linda Kaplan, Professional Speaker/Trainer
- Wednesday, June 1: “Managing People” What to Do When They Do What They Do, with Dr. Mimi Hull, Professional Speaker/Trainer & HR Specialist
- Wednesday, June 15: “Let There be Enlightenment!” Transform your data into knowledge for smarter decisions, with Terry Berggren, director of client experience, Ruf Strategic Solutions
- June 22: “Supplier Negotiations” Best practices for negotiating contracts or forming new supplier partnerships, with Gary M. Pollard, CTC, president & CEO, Ambassador Tours; and Brian Robb, CTIE, president, The Robb Aspect;
The new Leadership Learning Series is part of The Travel Institute’s 2016 “The Year of the Travel Professional” campaign. The program’s two-pronged approach attempts to expand sales, marketing, and management/leadership expertise through skills training, and a public relations primer designed to help individuals promote their expertise.
The non-profit education organization kicked off its efforts in February with a 10-part webinar series, “Advice from the Experts,” for those new to the travel industry. Plans are also in the works for the third annual Promote Your Professionalism program in July.