Sun Princess to Debut with Extended Mediterranean Seasonby Dori Saltzman /
When Princess Cruises’ next new ship, Sun Princess, debuts in February 2024 it will sail an extended season of Mediterranean voyages with departure options from Barcelona, Rome and Athens. The full maiden season will include 7-, 9- and 10-day itineraries visiting ports throughout the Western and Eastern Mediterranean.
“When you dream of the Mediterranean, you immediately think of sunshine, endless blue water views, colorful distinctive architecture, incredible cuisine, engaging locals and romantic settings,” said John Padgett, Princess Cruises president. “It’s a perfect match having our new Sun Princess debut in this scenic region because of much of our design inspiration for this next-generation ship comes directly from these iconic destinations.”
Highlights of the inaugural cruise season, which starts on February 8, 2024 and ends in September 2024, include:
- 10-day Inaugural Grand Mediterranean, sailing between Barcelona and Rome, departing February 8
- 7-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles & Turkey, sailing between Rome and Athens
- 7-day Mediterranean with Greece & Italy, sailing between Athens and Barcelona
- 7-day Mediterranean with France & Italy, ,sailing between Barcelona and Rome
- 9-day Grand Mediterranean sailing roundtrip from Rome
- 10-day Grand Mediterranean sailing roundtrip from Rome or between Barcelona and Rome
- 10-day Grand Western Mediterranean sailing roundtrip from Rome
- European Explorer voyages sailing between the Mediterranean and Southampton, ranging from 9 to 23 days
- 16-day Iberian Passage, sailing the Atlantic Ocean between Southampton and Ft. Lauderdale
Princess will also be offering three cruise/tour options for Sun Princess’ inaugural Mediterranean season:
- Best of Greece, available with 7-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles & Italy, 14-day Mediterranean with Greece, France & Italy, and the 21-day Best of the Mediterranean cruises from Athens.
- Classic Italy, available with 7-day Mediterranean with Greeks Isles & Turkey, 14-day Mediterranean with Greeks, Isles, Italy & Turkey, and the 21-day Best of the Mediterranean cruises from Rome
- Highlights of Spain, available with the 7-day Mediterranean with France & Italy, 14-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles, France & Turkey, or 21-day Best of Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona.
The first three Sun Princess cruises are already on sale. The remainder of the inaugural Mediterranean season will go on sale on November 9, 2022.
Past Princess guests are eligible for a special promotion when they book Sun Princess voyages early. The promotion consists of a Captain’s Circle Launch Discount, which may be combined with other launch and group promotions. These discounts do not apply to third or fourth berth guests and the promotion expires on January 31, 2023.
Currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, Sun Princess will be Princess’ largest ever ship. It will also be the first for Princess to be powered by Liquified Natural Gas (LNG).