New York City's Central Park is the top "spring sight" according to an analysis of more than 34,000 TripAdvisor reviews conducted by hotel chain Premier Inn. More than 2,300 reviews mentioned Central Park in spring with reviewers praising the park's Kwanzan and Yoshino cherry trees.
Seven other U.S. destinations made it into the top 15 spring sights including the Biltmore (#2), the High Line in NYC (#3), Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (#5), Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens (#6), Magnolia Plantation & Gardens in Charleston (#10), Longwood Gardens in Kennet Square (#11) and the Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Garden in Las Vegas (#13).
The top European destination for spring sights is The Netherland's Keukenhof, which reviewers hail for the staggering and eye-popping seven million flowers on display.
"Our global ranking acts as travel inspiration for those looking to take in the spring blooms either local to them or whilst traveling," said a spokesperson for Premier Inn. "With so much going on in the world, what better time to get out and truly 'smell the roses'!"
The full list is as follows.
- 1. Central Park, NYC
- 2. Biltmore, Asheville
- 3. The High Line, NYC
- 4. Keukenhof, The Netherlands
- 5. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, El Paso
- 6. Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, Dallas
- 7. The Butchart Gardens, Canada
- 8. Kings Park & Botanic Garden, Perth, Australia
- 9. Luxembourg Gardens, Paris, France
- 10. Magnolia Plantation & Gardens, Charleston
- 11. Longwood Gardens, Kennet Square, PA
- 12. Schonbrunn Palace, Vienna, Austria
- 13. Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Garden, Las Vegas
- 14. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, U.K.
- 15. St. James's Park, London, U.K.