Late-night travelers and night owls rejoice.
Amtrak this week announced a slate of new fares as low as $5 to $20 for those traveling late nights or early mornings on some of its most popular routes.
The rates are available for most of Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor city pairings, including between New York and Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Baltimore, Washington D.C. and Wilmington, and more.
Amtrak says the routes are a “great option” for those returning from concerts, plays, or sporting events from a different city, or those who simply prefer to travel late night. The sample list of fares, all available in coach, are:
- New York – Washington: $20
- New York – Baltimore/BWI: $15
- Washington – Newark/Newark Liberty: $15
- New York – Philadelphia: $10
- New York – Wilmington: $10
- Philadelphia – Washington: $10
- Washington – Wilmington $10
- Philadelphia – Baltimore/BWI: $5
- New York – Newark/Newark Liberty: $5
- Washington – Baltimore/BWI: $5