Turks and Caicos is again changing its entry requirements for inbound travelers.
Starting immediately until the end of February, Turks and Caicos will require all visitors two years and older to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to entry. The country will also continue to require all those 16 and older to show proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test when entering restaurants, and bars.
Authorities in Turks are also limiting public gatherings to continue to deal with COVID-19 caseload—religious and church ceremonies, including weddings and funerals, will be limited to 50% of their approved capacity.
In a statement, the Turks and Caicos Island Tourist Board said its protocols have continued to allow travel to safely continue to the islands since it reopened its borders in July 2020.
“These updated protocols are a proactive response to the Omicron variant and underscore the destination’s commitment to health and safety, expanding on its already vigilant travel protocols, which have been in place for travelers since July 22, 2020, when Turks and Caicos opened its borders to tourists,” it said.
“The Turks and Caicos Islands also continue to promote its vaccine campaign among residents, with 80 percent of the adult population being fully vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine—making it one of the most inoculated countries in the world.”
According to Worldometers, Turks and Caicos are coming off of its COVID-19 peak from earlier this month when the country reported 924 daily active cases on Jan. 17. Yesterday, on Jan. 27, that number was down to 242.