Disney Cruise Line's Lighthouse Point to Open Summer 2024by Dori Saltzman /
Disney Cruise Line will welcome guests to its second Bahamian island destination at Lighthouse Point. Located on the island of Eleuthera in the summer of 2024.
"At Disney Cruise Line, we have a deep appreciation for the Bahamian community," said Sharon Siskie, senior vice president and general manager, Disney Cruise Line. "With the opening of Lighthouse Point, visitors from around the world will experience the magic of The Bahamas in a new way, one that truly celebrates its natural and cultural beauty."
Fun & Relaxation for All
As with Disney's Castaway Cay, guests stopping at Lighthouse Point can choose fun or relaxation (or both), with pristine beaches, active adventures and Disney magic on offer for all.
Options will include:
- An expansive family beach on the east side of the island, which will be centrally located near market-style dining, recreation and other amenities
- A Bahamian art and culture pavilion featuring special programs and local artists
- A brightly colored, interactive family water play area with two slides, water drums, fountains and more, including a dedicated space for toddlers
- Recreational activities such as a covered gaming pavilion, volleyball court and gaga ball pit, watercraft and bicycle rentals, nature trails and more
- An adults-only beach with a dedicated area for access to food and drinks throughout the day, plus six private cabanas for rental
- A themed kids' club space for children ages 3 to 12 featuring a splash pad and separate dining, all under the care of Disney Cruise Line counselors
- 20 premium family cabanas placed on a peaceful section of beach along the south-western shore, away from the activity of the main family area – four double cabanas that accommodate larger groups and offer massage services
- A collection of Port Adventures developed in partnership with local tour operators will take guests beyond Lighthouse Point to explore Eleuthera
Architecture on the island will be inspired by the Bahama's distinct nature and created in partnership with local artists. The buildings will at first glance appear as Bahamian shells scattered along the shoreline. Upon closer inspection, guests will notice artistic renderings of native flora and fauna, as well as of the pageantry and history of the country's Junkanoo parades.
Sustainability is at the forefront of the designs, as well. At least 90% of the destination's electricity needs will be supplied by an onsite solar array, the pier was designed to avoid the need for dredging and elevated walkways will help limit the impact on the landscape.
"Lighthouse Point is a place of extraordinary natural beauty, so our goal has always been to create designs that accentuate its qualities in an organic way," said Kevin Thomas, creative director, Walt Disney Imagineering. "We’re focused on low-density, sustainable development that protects and preserves the environment, allowing the site’s biodiversity to shine."