This year will see a host of highly-anticipated all-inclusive resorts ready to open their doors in the Caribbean and Mexico from Sandals St. Vincent & The Grenadines to Secrets St. Lucia Resort & Spa. There are also many all-inclusives both agents and travelers haven’t yet caught wind of.
Before we share details on the off-the-radar all-inclusive openings in the Caribbean and Mexico, let’s first recap the major openings that have already been highly publicized:
- Sandals St. Vincent & The Grenadines, opening March 27, had originally been conceptualized as a family-friendly Beaches Resorts property about three years ago, but the project has since been repositioned under the adults-only Sandals Resorts brand.
- Projected to open in August, Secrets St. Lucia Resort & Spa will be the second Unlimited Vacation Club property on the island.
- Opening in April, the Royalton CHIC Antigua will have 235 guest rooms and suites, each with a balcony or terrace for ocean and sunset views and modern decor in keeping with sister Royalton Chic Resorts in Punta Cana and Cancun.
- The Princess Hotels & Resorts Jamaica is set on 180 acres and will consist of a combination of four separate resorts, 14 over-the-water villas, and a casino. The first phase will consist of 1,005 luxury ocean-view suites and the second phase with another 1,025 suites.
- Hyatt Hotels plans to expand its Inclusive Collection in Mexico with the 509-key Secrets Playa Blanca Costa Mujeres, slated to open in February.
- Secrets Playa Blanca Costa Mujeres will be located along a secluded strip of the Costa Mujeres shoreline, just 12 miles north of Cancun, Mexico.
While those above might be getting the attention, there are five other, lesser-known all-inclusives set to debut in 2024:
Hotel Mousai Cancun
TAFER Hotels & Resorts is set to introduce the adults-only Hotel Mousai Cancun. The resort will open its doors in 2024 and offer guests experiences associated with the TAFER name.
The addition of the new Cancun resort follows the success of Hotel Mousai in Puerto Vallarta.
Hotel Mousai Cancun will be home to 88 suites, two swimming pools, high-end dining options and a wellness zone
AVA Resort Cancun
Every room at AVA looks out onto the waters of the Caribbean. AVA’s Esencia Wellness Center features 90,838 square feet of spa, and beauty treatments, plus a modern fitness center with cardio machines, free weights, dedicated spin, yoga, Zumba, and Pilates studios.
Dining includes a collection of 17 bars and restaurants designed exclusively for AVA.
Hotel Riu Palace Aquarelle
Spanish hotel chain, RIU Resorts, is set to open its new 753-room RIU Palace Aquarelle in Falmouth, Trelawny, Jamaica on May 4.
The hotel will feature an adult waterpark, a children’s pool, water slides, swim-up pools, and six restaurants.
There are more than 700 rooms at this all-inclusive hotel on White Bay Beach.
The hotel also has a relaxing Wellness Centre where you can book massages, beauty treatments, and hairdressing services or use the hotel's fully equipped gym that also offers exercise classes to help you stay in shape.
Wyndham Grand Barbados Sam Lord’s Castle
The Sam Lord's Castle Barbados, A Wyndham Grand Resort officially will not only be the largest all-inclusive to open in Barbados, but the largest hotel in Barbados in general, said Eduardo Cruz del Rio, vice president of operations for Latin America and Caribbean for Wyndham Hotels.
Cruz del Rio said his hotel doesn't plan to compete with Sandals Barbados, perhaps the most well-known all-inclusive resort in the destination.
Sandals is couples-only, whereas Cruz del Rio said the Sam Lord's Castle Barbados, A Wyndham Grand Resort will be family-friendly. He said the hotel will be divided into three sections - one for families, one that will be adults-only, and a final section for groups.
The hotel complex is made up of five towers, each housing about 80 to 100 rooms. There is a total of 422 rooms. That includes nearly 150 Deluxe Queen rooms, about 235 Deluxe King rooms, about 20 Executive Suites, 11 One-Bedroom Suites, and four Presidential Suites. ??The Spa at Sam Lord’s Castle will have a total of eight treatment rooms. Six of the treatment rooms will be indoors and two will be outside, said Cruz del Rio.??The project is a new build development. The last property located on the land was another Sam Lord's Castle Hotel, said Cruz del Rio. He said it was a Marriott and was knocked down about 20 years ago because it wasn't worth renovating.
The hotel has already had a soft opening, but a grand opening is slated for early 2024.
Zemi Miches All Inclusive Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton
Expected to open in 2024, Zemi Miches All Inclusive Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton is located about 60 miles from Punta Cana International Airport.
The beachfront property on a half-mile stretch of Esmeralda Beach will offer 502 guest rooms spread across six four-story buildings and 18 free-standing beach bungalows.
This includes 123 ground-level swim-up guest rooms, featuring individual plunge pools that connect via a winding pool allowing guests to swim to other areas of the resort.