When it comes to getting through security checkpoints in large hub airports, Tampa, Charlotte/Douglas, and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airports offer the best customer experience in the country--and Honolulu the worst, say travelers in a new Phoenix Marketing International poll.
More than 200 U.S. airports were ranked by 144,000 air travelers nationwide, from July through November.
For small hub airports, Michigan's Bishop International was rated best; Buffalo Niagara International was named the best medium hub airport.
The full list of winners is:
Large Hub Airports
- Tampa International
- Charlotte/Douglas International
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International
Medium Hub Airports
- Buffalo Niagara International
- Eppley Airfield (Omaha, NE)
- Southwest Florida International
Small Hub Airports
- Bishop International (Flint, Michigan)
- Sarasota/Bradenton International
- Boise Air Terminal/Gowen Field
Airports with the Lowest Satisfaction Level for their Security Check Point(s)
- Honolulu International (Large Hub)
- Kansas City International (Medium Hub)
- Will Rogers World Airport (Oklahoma, Small Hub)
Photo courtesy: Kitt Hodsden